× Members

New ESA regs (WRAG) confusion.

More
7 years 6 months ago #183182 by IamShell
New ESA regs (WRAG) confusion. was created by IamShell
Hi, Just wondered if you could clear something up for me re the government's new changes wrt ESA claimants who are placed in the WRAG?

I am currently in the SG. I was initially placed in the WRAG in 2012 but with the help of CAB asked for a MR and was placed in the SG for 18 months. In due course I got my next ESA50 and was kept in the SG without a f2f. I was told this would be for a period of three years. This would have taken me up to Feb 2017. I would have expected to receive a new ESA50 sometime before Christmas 2016, with an expectation I would return it in Jan and probably be called to attend a f2f shortly thereafter.

I have heard nothing, no ESA50 in the post...which seems odd, though I do recall someone advising here that there are delays in some areas, so perhaps it's due to that.

I suffer terrible anxiety as well as a physical condition so, having not heard but being extremely reluctant to contact them, I am naturally stressing that my reassessment has been delayed so that they can try to shift me from the SG to WRAG on the lower rate with an expectation to participate in WRA which I just can't do, no matter how much I'd like to work :S

I am confused as to what 'new' claimants means? Does 'new' apply to claimants already in receipt of ESA who are reassessed and shifted from the SG to the WRAG? Or is it applicable only to those who have never claimed ESA before or are making a brand new claim based on a new / different condition?

When I am called in for a reassessment would this be classed as a 'new' claim even if my illness is the same one, especially if they decided to transfer me to WRAG? Or, already being in the SG, would I still receive the old WRAG rate if they decided to put me in the WRAG cos I'm not 'new'? I'm confused as to what 'new' means? I hope some one can help... I would have to appeal if I got transferred to the WRAG as I can't, due to my fluctuating condition which can be severe, commit to attending the job centre on a given day/ time...

I'm wondering how sanctions will apply to those who are wrongly placed in the WRAG... It;'s very possible my condition would not allow me to attend at specified times during any appeal process.

Am I being paranoid in suspecting there may be some sneaky, underhandedess going on on behalf of the DWP as to why I've not been called in for reassessment when I expected to be called in? Is it possible they are delaying my (and others who are in the SG) reassessment to try to get me into the WRAG on these new terms / less benefit amount? :angry:
I am even more suspicious as to motives because in mid Feb I received the usual letter stating I would receive a cost of living increase in April... :unsure:

I am getting so paranoid. Hopefully, some one can clear this up for me? Thanks so much.

Ps anyone else not had their ESA50 when expected? I'd be interested to know and whether there are any nasty motives behind this move (if there is one) on the gov's part...

Thanks and sorry to repeat myself... I feel I am expressing myself badly.... Thanks for understanding!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #183218 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New ESA regs (WRAG) confusion.
Shell

The change effects only new claims for ESA from 3 April, as you have an existing claim you are not affected.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: IamShell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.