× Members

Mental Health new Guidelines

More
7 years 2 months ago #183330 by mobbba
Mental Health new Guidelines was created by mobbba
Can I just ask a question regarding the new changes on anxiety etc.,. It says changes will take place on all claims from 16th March 2017.

My claim went in at beginning of February so will I be judged on the old or new rules?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #183349 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mental Health new Guidelines
mobbba

We have updated our guidance, it is the claim date that is important, so as your claim was started before the change you should not be affected.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 months ago #183380 by mobbba
Replied by mobbba on topic Mental Health new Guidelines
Thanks Gordon for your reply. I am a little confused. You say my claim was in before the updated guidance, and I would not be affected.

But the new guidance from March 16th would surely benefit me as the rules have changed in favor of the claimant.

Or am I getting it wrong about the new guidelines?

Thank you

More
7 years 2 months ago #183407 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mental Health new Guidelines
mobbba

OK. This is the situation

1. The DWP view is that following a route is a cognitive or sensory issue to do with navigation.

2. Last month a three Judge UTT panel ruled that mental health issues could lead to cognitive impairment sufficient to prevent a claimant from being able to navigate.

3. The Governments response has been to modify the Going Out Descriptors (specifically (c), (d) and (f)) to limit their scope to sensory and cognitive issues. This takes effect 16 March

SO, as your claim was started before the 16th, the UTT Decision applies and the revised Descriptors do not.

However, you should be aware that the DWP have issued no new guidance to Decision Makers (as of yesterday) in regard to any of these changes so I would expect them to continue with their original view of the Descriptors as described in (1).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mobbba

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.