× Members

PIPchanges in offing? or off post 16.3. sp. Meds

More
7 years 2 months ago #183333 by apples6
Greetings:

1Please would you be so kind as to provide legislation regulation changes to PIP re (managing) medications or similar.
Thank you and if possible B+W's interpretation thanks.

I believe I have got the gist of the mobility cull via anxiety and similar u/f.

However cannot quite get head around the meds or similar 1 also which no of the Descriptors is it and how would points be affected (adversely)

Many thanks as always
Best Wishes Apples 6
PS 2 :ohmy: As prev said not techy so unable to page link and all that: thanks for understanding: I would never be able to appeal online if had to: what would happen?! :ohmy:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #183350 by Gordon
apple

Have a look at the following

www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2017/194/made

and in particular the explanatory notes at the bottom.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 months ago #183444 by apples6
Tthanks however having trouble even getting reply to u:

I have looked at the notes and am no wiser my fuzzy not fab brain cannot make it out.

My Qs are 1 have the regs or whatever it is;
changed for aids and appliance with (taking) meds? or are they the same? thanks
Q2 and what is by regs/* caseslaw (if still accepted/ that is not overruled by dwp) and by benefits and work* definition of aids appliances
many thanks
:ohmy:
Apples 6
The following user(s) said Thank You: cats6

More
7 years 2 months ago #183473 by Gordon
Apple

1. In simple terms the DWP have separated taking medication and therapy into two separate things, where previously they were effectively one.

The net result is that claimants who need help with medication can only now score 1 point for Descriptor (b), the higher points Descriptors are only available to claimants receiving therapy.

2. The use of aids has not really changed.

Without reading each UTT Decision I can't say what the effect would be, but from the summaries I think it to be negligible as these already seem to distinguish between taking medication and having therapy.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 months ago #183492 by apples6
Thanks v much Gordon
Decided UTT means Upper Tier Tribunals :)

Is there such a thing as a link to UTTs?
in general
as
guess they keep changing:
+ Gov then changes regs (Naughty MV) ;(
Apples 6

More
7 years 2 months ago #183522 by Gordon

apples6 wrote: Thanks v much Gordon
Decided UTT means Upper Tier Tribunals :)

Is there such a thing as a link to UTTs?
in general
as
guess they keep changing:
+ Gov then changes regs (Naughty MV) ;(
Apples 6

Have a look at

www.pipinfo.net/

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.