× Members

Mandatory Reconsideration

More
7 years 3 months ago #183391 by i8plumjam
Mandatory Reconsideration was created by i8plumjam
Hi, I am writing with a query to the above.
I registered for a MR on 23/01/2017 and was told that I had a calendar month to submit further evidence to support my complaint about only being given standard rate mobility. I made an appt with my doctor who subsequently gave me a letter confirming my longstanding Anxiety and depression and how I need to have somebody with all of the time. This letter was ready on 16/02/2017 and sent off with my accompanying letter by signed for post to Telford M.O.U
Confirmation of received and signed for was on 17/02/2107 (Friday)

I received on Thurs 23/02 my MR result dated 20/02 (Monday) that nothing had changed and their decision stood as I had not supplied any further evidence and could only take on board my original application. I phoned and said that I had sent further evidence, which they now said was registered on their system and would look into what had happened and why it was not taken into consideration. I have phoned again today (Friday 03/03) and as far as the lady could see on my file, nothing further has been done! She has asked for a case manager to ring me back but I want to know what my rights are and if I can have the MR done again?

Hope you can help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #183420 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mandatory Reconsideration
i8plumjam

I'm afraid the DWP are pretty much a law unto themselves in regard to MRs and this is a problem regularly reported in the forum.

The DWP should offer a second MR although legally they do not have to.

As you now have an MR Notice you can continue on to appeal, you may be hoping not to have to do this, but you should be aware that revision rates at MR are very low so it may be the more practical option.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.