× Members

ESA and state pension

More
7 years 1 month ago #183431 by Bamboozal
ESA and state pension was created by Bamboozal
Hi everyone need some advise pls.

My father has just recieved his ESA50 renewal form, hes in the support group and has been so since the change over from incapacity benefit years ago.

The form has to be back in 3 weeks, he retires on his 65th birthday 7 weeks after,
but I read somewhere that if you are getting ESA at retirement age you can carry on recieving it for another year then you have to claim State pension.

Is this correct? and does it mean if he does his penson will be more due to the years deferment? as if not theres no point in going thro the stress for 7 weeks of esa

Many Thanks Bam..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #183438 by Bamboozal
Replied by Bamboozal on topic ESA and state pension
Just a quick one is this in the guides as I cant find it?

More
7 years 1 month ago #183439 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA and state pension

Bamboozal wrote: I read somewhere that if you are getting ESA at retirement age you can carry on recieving it for another year then you have to claim State pension.

Is this correct? and does it mean if he does his penson will be more due to the years deferment? as if not theres no point in going thro the stress for 7 weeks of esa

Many Thanks Bam..

This applied to Incapacity Benefit, it does not apply to ESA.

If he reaches State Pension Age in seven weeks then he should contact the DWP and ask them to cancel the reassessment process as it will not be completed before he is no longer entitled to ESA.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bamboozal

More
6 years 11 months ago #189968 by Bamboozal
Replied by Bamboozal on topic ESA and state pension
Hi just a quick update.

Dwp would not cancel the ESA review so the form had to be filled in they said or his ESA woud stop.
Had decision today that he has been awarded support group, this comes 7 days before he retires next week!!!
Bam
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.