× Members

Motability Car

More
7 years 2 months ago #183453 by suzyb
Motability Car was created by suzyb
Just wondering if the DWP are behind letting Motability know if you are not entitled to enhanced rate. I got the result of my assessment on January the 19th spoke to Motability and they have told me the process.
I called them just over a week ago and they said DWP have not let them know anything yet and to wait, i could not take the car back early or I would not get my deposit back pro rata or the allowance they are giving if you lose the car. I wont have to pay anything it is not my fault just to wait.
Felt a little anxious about it wondering what you thought ?

many thanks for advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #183468 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Motability Car
Suzy

As you are not responsible for payment of your Mobility allowance to Motability, I would leave it to the DWP to sort out.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 months ago #183485 by shirley
Replied by shirley on topic Motability Car
I got my decision a month before you and my car is only just going back. Monday in fact that is only after 3 phone calls to motorbility. I had jumped the gun believing the car would have to go back quickly and arranged a lease car. My new car has had to be delayed as I couldn't just take it back. Dwp make their own rules up as they go along. If you haven't made any other arrangements just enjoy having your car a bit longer

More
7 years 2 months ago #183486 by suzyb
Replied by suzyb on topic Motability Car
Thanks for the advice I will just wait then.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.