× Members

Missed f2f now all pip cancelled ! Help

More
7 years 2 months ago #183376 by Ali Hetherington
Pip cancelled for updating my circumstances!!! was created by Ali Hetherington
I updated DWP that my daughter finished A lvls and was off to uni so not at home mon to thirsday.. they then sent a new form to complete and another assessment appointment i couldnt make as daughter not home to take me! Re booked day and time then missed it as they did not day they had booked me into a different venue ! As i missed this appointment the cut off my whole pip benefit! Im going to loose my home.. ive workeed 33yrs in mhs sacked due to illl healt yet no ill healthvreirement so forced to beg for money back that i paid into th system for 33yrs!! This gov is a disgrace tojits uk citizens im sucidical thinkingbof having to gogthrough all this again mean while loosing my home in the process... i have severe chronic vpain fibronyalgia major deoressive and anxiety disorder s nuw.. but who gives a damn i?? ond more so called sconger comes off the pay list the better right×?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #183402 by Gordon
Ali

Are you saying that you attended at the wring venue, is there any record of this?

I'm afraid your options are limited, you can ask for an MR on the Decision to close your claim but it will take several months at the very least to be processed and there is no guarantee of success

Alternatively, you can make a new claim for PIP, there is no waiting period.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 months ago #183497 by Ali Hetherington
Replied by Ali Hetherington on topic Missed f2f now all pip cancelled ! Help
I updated my circumstances and was sent another f2f appointment which i changed so my faughter could take me. Atos changed the venue without informing me i rang DWP ti say i went to original venue but they refused this as a good enough reason and have now cancelled my original Pip award ( std rate ) Completely. Now i must go to a tribunal!!! But on what basis can i appeal ??? No guides go into sppealling due to missed appointments

More
7 years 2 months ago #183498 by Ali Hetherington
Replied by Ali Hetherington on topic Pip cancelled for updating my circumstances!!!
:(

More
7 years 2 months ago #183499 by Ali Hetherington
Replied by Ali Hetherington on topic Pip cancelled for updating my circumstances!!!
Thankyou Gordon
So i have to start all over again and loose the weeks ive been waiting for a reply?? Or will they back date ?

More
7 years 2 months ago #183527 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Missed f2f now all pip cancelled ! Help

Ali H wrote: I updated my circumstances and was sent another f2f appointment which i changed so my faughter could take me. Atos changed the venue without informing me i rang DWP ti say i went to original venue but they refused this as a good enough reason and have now cancelled my original Pip award ( std rate ) Completely. Now i must go to a tribunal!!! But on what basis can i appeal ??? No guides go into sppealling due to missed appointments

I've merged your posts back in to one topic, please try and keep everything in one place, it makes it so much more difficult for us to provide advice when we have to go searching through the forum to see what has been previously posted.

The process is not significantly different, you need to complete an SSCS1 to request an appeal. The PIP Appeal guide has links to the form that and the Submissions guide has a complete example that you can use to help you fill it in.

So your grounds for appeal will be that you did attend but did not realise that the venue had changed.

Can you provide any evidence that you attended at the other office?

I would make a new claim for PIP as well, if the appeal is successful then the original claim will replace the new one and if not then at least a new one has been started.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.