× Members

Assessment

More
7 years 2 months ago #183504 by Sharon
Assessment was created by Sharon
Hi everyone and thank you for the many interesting thing's I have read on here, I am hoping someone might be able to help me with the question that I have. I don't ever remember reading anything that might help me with my question, mind you in saying that my MS does often leave me forgetful so please excuse me if I am asking something that has been answered many times before!!

I sent in my PIP application (I have been on DLA for 10 years, in the higher group for both mobility and care) form in early Dec 16, I received a phone call in early Feb asking me to go for my medical/assessment 3 days later at 08.10am!!! I did ask it I could have it at home but they made it sound like such hard work to arrange I decided to struggle in and just get it over with, my husband managed to get the day off and after getting up at 3.30am in order for me to get ready for such an early appointment off we went. After paying a fortune to park and making our way over terrible pavements with my husband pushing me in my wheelchair we arrived at the center, we had trouble finding the correct door to take the wheelchair in and I was cold and thirsty and in desperate need of the loo by the time we got inside. Anyway I had the assessment and we duly came home with me preparing myself for the long wait and worry that I knew I would be under, when I got to the 3 week mark I thought I would give DWP a ring to find out if anything had been decided yet. They said no and were waiting for paperwork from Capita to get to them, I tried over the next 2 weeks only to be told the same thing. On my last phone call which was on Wed 1st March the lady at the end of the phone informed me that still no paperwork had arrived from Capita and was I sure I had had the assessment!!! After taking a deep breath I told her 'yes I am sure', anyway to cut a long story short she told me she would contact Capita and chase my paperwork up. This morning ( 4th March) I received a letter from Capita informing me they are coming to my house on Friday (10th March) for my Assessment at 09.10, I really don't understand what is going on and I feel exhausted with all the worry. What I would really like to know is has anybody else had 2 assessments and do you know if I have to go through all this again??

Hope one of you wonderful people might be able to help me with this query....Stay happy and positive, god knows it's all that keeps us going :kiss:

Shazza

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #183540 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Assessment
Sharon

Something fundamental has gone wrong with the report from the original assessment, either it was not produced or it failed to meet the standards required.

I'm afraid the DWP cannot progress your claim without another assessment being carried out, at least the replacement one has been offered as a home assessment.

You might want to make a complaint to Capita

www.capita-pip.co.uk/en/complaints.html

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.