× Members

Making Meals

More
7 years 2 months ago #183548 by LuluSkydiva
Making Meals was created by LuluSkydiva
Hello

Can anybody help please?

I am bedridden with severe CFS/ME, lyme and Fibromyalgia as well as some other health issues. Ive just been turned down for the Living Component and also turned down again at Mandetory decision. I now am trying to get ready to go to appeal.

They are not giving me any points for preparing meals even though I am unable to do this for multiple reasons, all of which I have explained fully on my forms...and my partner has to cook all my meals and has told them so...but .they are making the decision from the HPs report which is written completely inaccurately and unfairly..

The main point I want to query here is although I have several other issues that stop me being able to make food such as poor grip cognitive issues etc etc... I can only walk 10-20 metres at a time and quite often only 2 or 3 times in a day (to get to the toilet and back) and this could be followed by 3-4 days when i cant even get out of bed and stand up let alone walk anywhere...

They are saying that the issue of getting to the kitchen is covered in the mobility component and therefore doesnt come into the issue of me preparing meals.... My point is my kitchen is about 20 metres away so I cant even make it there once let alone several times a day to make a meal ....and then be able to stand up to make it. (they havnt argued with the fact that I cant stand up a lot of the time) oh and then be able to make it back to bed safely...

Are they really justified in saying this? How can I even attempt to make a meal if I cant get to the kitchen? and then stand up and move around the kitchen?

Thanks very much

Louise

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #183581 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Making Meals
Louise

I'm afraid I would not expect you to score points for being unable to walk to the kitchen, this is not considered as part of the Preparing Food activity, you might be able to argue that you would have problems moving around in the kitchen, for example worktop to fridge, to hob, to sink, etc.,
it would be a good reason for you requiring assistance while performing the activity.

If you have further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: LuluSkydiva

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.