× Members

In support group, BUT today got a ESA50- 02/17 !!

More
7 years 1 month ago #183955 by bigguy283
hI there!
I am currently in a support group ESA, and have been for over 2 years,previously was on income support with daisabilty living allowance for 8 years, following bad accident and subsequent terrible leg operations.And have had 2 major heart attacks 2 years ago.
I am terrified by these forms,following previous DWP cock ups,causing even more stress on me,(i had to go to appeals court previously to get them to reverse incorect assesment, I WON that one, although i did not get payement for 9 months !!!)i am so scared by these forms!!
why am i being sent another ESA50 to fill in again?? i thought it was all going over to pip?
please any help or advice would be great!
I thought as i was already in a support group,i would not need to fill in another form in 2 years
thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #183970 by slugsta
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

All ESA claims will be reassessed at intervals. The longest period for Support Group claimants, under normal circumstances, is 3 years.

You should treat every reassessment as a new claim as the assessor is unlikely to have seen your previous paperwork. This includes your supporting evidence.

Things have changed somewhat since your last claim, our ESA guide will talk you through the process.

ESA claims and appeals

PIP is a different matter entirely, this is taking over from DLA.

May I suggest that you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future? This will allow you to return with further questions or comments about your ESA without having to start a new topic each time. We ask members to keep everything relating to the same claim in one topic as it helps us enormously - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

More
6 years 9 months ago #192225 by bigguy283
hi again!
thanks for reply to my first post.
well i filled in the lengthy form,sent it off,with request for home visit,supplied doctors note to explain my long medicle condition (heart defect,lung problem,leg problem,internal bleeding etc etc)supplied current medication (13 diffrent tablet etc),BUT ,they seemed to ignore all this evidence and just book me a normal,visit our assesment offices letter!!!.
my doctor has since faxed them a second letter,and medicle records again.
what di i now do ? i ahave called them 6 times now,to rebook the assessment,while they look at the evidence sent (10 weeks and counting).
I have told them,with proof of course,i do not leave my house,with all my problems,and i want the assessment,but i need a home visit assessment!.
every time i ring them,i get told if i do not attend,my file will be sent back to the DWP.
what is my file??? i thought every time they sent a form,it was classed as a new claim?
if they have a "file" why dont they look at it and see my medicle condition! which is for life my heart and gp doctors have told me.

thanks for any help

More
6 years 9 months ago #192248 by Gordon
C

What are they saying about the latest GP letter that has been sent to them?

How many times have you moved the appointment? You can do this once without a fault, but you cannot arrange a second appointment without your file being returned to the DWP. This is not the same as Maximus deciding to change the appointment themselves.

You file, is literally a cardboard file that contains all of the documents being used to decide your reassessment, so typically some administration documents and the ESA50 that you completed. It may contain other documents, from previous assessments, but it may not, there is no way to know at this time.

If your GP has explained why you cannot attend at their offices and they have still not changed their minds then the last thing you can try is to involve your MP.

Contacting your MP

Be aware, if the appointment is not switched to a home assessment and you do not attend the one that is currently booked then the DWP will close your ESA claim, so is there any way that you can attend, could a relative or friend take you?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: bigguy283

More
6 years 9 months ago #192269 by bigguy283
hi gordon!
thanks again for the reply,after the first letter was sent by my g.p,the CDHA,did re-book the appointment,3 times,as they had not looked at the documents sent to them,they said!!.
As i suffer from multi medicle problems,and i'm seriously,depressed and suffer from anxiety attacks ,i do not leave my home. As i have suffered from 2 heart attacks,i'm terrified of the next one being the fatal one,surely the DWP have a responsibilty of care towards patients??
Am i not being treated with the health and safety laws in the uk?
this is without doubt the most terrifying time of my life.
May i add that i have had to go to through the first-tier tribunal process in 2010 (before i had my 2 heart attacks) as at that time i did goto an assessment by at that time ATOS,who totally lied about the assessment,and only awarded me 4f(3points) so the DWP stopped all my benefits for 9 months!!!
I won my case and was awarded 20, yes 20 points by the 3 board members at the hearing!
but that was well before my condition deteriated to what it is now, i know i can not go through another traumatic time like that again( i will not survive that again)without any benefit payements for 9 months . I did get my benefit backdated after the tribunal, but i had to live on handouts from fiends and family up untill then. The DWP gave me nothing for 9 months!!!

More
6 years 9 months ago #192287 by Gordon
christopher

What are you actually looking for, a home assessment or a Paper Based Review?

What have Maximus said about your GP's letters?

Have you contacted your MP?

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.