× Members

PiP & ESA

More
7 years 1 month ago #184779 by Chrisb
PiP & ESA was created by Chrisb
Hello, can anyone advise please. Does having a long term PIP award get considered when making ESA claim? PIP since 2013, now unable to work so claiming ESA since January. Forms etc sent in, but not at the 13 stage yet.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #184793 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PiP & ESA

Chrisb wrote: Hello, can anyone advise please. Does having a long term PIP award get considered when making ESA claim? PIP since 2013, now unable to work so claiming ESA since January. Forms etc sent in, but not at the 13 stage yet.

Thank you

It may be but you cannot rely on the DWP including the information so if you want it to be considered then you should include it with your ESA50 and draw attention to relevant entries. Be careful, although there are areas of overlap between the two benefits the criteria is different and you cannot rely on the PIP report as your sole evidence.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 1 month ago #184921 by Chrisb
Replied by Chrisb on topic PiP & ESA
Thank you Gordon, I have never had a PIP report , can I still request it? I returned my ESA50 in February , I assumed they would be aware of the PIP. Would you suggest anything I should be doing to highlight that now?

C

More
7 years 1 month ago #184943 by Gordon

Chrisb wrote: Thank you Gordon, I have never had a PIP report , can I still request it? I returned my ESA50 in February , I assumed they would be aware of the PIP. Would you suggest anything I should be doing to highlight that now?

C

If the last PIP report dates from 2013 then it will not carry much weight unless you can show that your conditions have not changed since then.

The DWP office that deals with your PIP claim may be able to provide you with a copy of your last PIP report, however, given the timescale it may now be in offsite storage and so may take some time to be retrieved.

If you do send it in then you must also enclose a letter explaining it's relevance to your ESA claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 1 month ago #184957 by Chrisb
Replied by Chrisb on topic PiP & ESA
The assessment was done in May 2014,backdated to August 2013. awarded until 2019.( Following them losing the forms which were fortunately sent special delivery).
My condition is progressive and several more joints in my hands are now fused and unusable.
My area was one of the first to roll out PIP.
Never been in this situation before, I have managed my condition by reducing hours at work at every progression point. I have included evidence such as past Performance Management Appraisals from work which record my illness and the reduction of hours, which over the years went from 39 to 15 gradually as the condition progressed.
Thank you, I am finding the site very helpful.

C

More
7 years 1 month ago #184976 by Gordon
Chris

It can't hurt to request the report and then go from there, if nothing else it will be of some help when your PIP is renewed.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Chrisb

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.