× Members

Timescales for ESA decision

More
7 years 1 month ago #185339 by Ikcdab
Timescales for ESA decision was created by Ikcdab
I have been supporting a young man through his ESA application. We had the face to face on 6 March. As we hadn't heard anything I rang DWP today. They said that they hadn't yet had the 'paperwork' from the assessment centre and that it could take up to 4 weeks for it to get through to them. I am surprised at this as I thought it was all on line and as soon as the face to face was done then the 'paperwork' was available to the decision maker. Certainly that's how it seemed to work with his PIP application.
Sounds like we still have a few weeks to wait for a decision....
Did I understand what I was told correctly?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #185355 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Timescales for ESA decision
Ikcdab

Our understanding is that reports should be complete within one or two days, the transfer to the DWP is electronic.

It is possible that the report has been selected for audit, a percentage of all reports have to go through this.

You can contact Maximus for an update.

www.chdauk.co.uk/contact-us

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 1 month ago #185509 by Ikcdab
Replied by Ikcdab on topic Timescales for ESA decision
Thank you for the reply. As suggested I rang maximus. They assured me that the file had been sent on and they no longer have it. I then rang dwp again who said they hadn't receIved anything.

Does this sound normal?

I'll give it a week and ring again?

Any comments or anyone else has the same experience? . Should I worry?

More
7 years 1 month ago #185522 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Timescales for ESA decision

Ikcdab wrote: Thank you for the reply. As suggested I rang maximus. They assured me that the file had been sent on and they no longer have it. I then rang dwp again who said they hadn't receIved anything.

Does this sound normal?

I'll give it a week and ring again?

Any comments or anyone else has the same experience? . Should I worry?

Possibly, the transfer is done electronically and then on paper, I would expect the DWP to know about a received file in hours at the most.

I would give them a ring at the beginning of next week.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #186326 by Ikcdab
Replied by Ikcdab on topic Timescales for ESA decision
Well that was interesting. Despite both the assessment centre and dwp saying they didn't have the 'paperwork', and me fearing the worst, all of a sudden money turned up in the bank and today we have had the successful decision letter. This has been a long and protracted affair (the claim took a year) but thanks to the support of this website, we have come through. Thank you, we are very relieved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.