× Members

PIP Award

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #186458 by Matthew
PIP Award was created by Matthew
Hi was wondering if you could give me a bit advice. After my face to face interview I have been awarded the Standard Rate for daily living needs and Enhanced Rate of Mobility needs. I scored 8 points for daily living needs. I was wondering if any one else has been in the same predicament. I want to appeal but I after reading all the guides I'm not sure if I should risk the chance of losing my Enhanced Mobility award.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #186529 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP Award

Matthew wrote: Hi was wondering if you could give me a bit advice. After my face to face interview I have been awarded the Standard Rate for daily living needs and Enhanced Rate of Mobility needs. I scored 8 points for daily living needs. I was wondering if any one else has been in the same predicament. I want to appeal but I after reading all the guides I'm not sure if I should risk the chance of losing my Enhanced Mobility award.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Matt

Hi M,

Congratulations on the PIP Awards ! :)

As you seem to know, if you request a Mandatory Reconsideration to try and gain the extra 4 points for an Enhanced DL Award, your existing DL & Mobility Awards would be looked at afresh, so there is some risk.

I do know of members who have requested an MR and received less points than they started with, so it is a decision that only you can make.

Have a read through the following to see if you can risk assess how safe your existing awards are and whether you can gain the extra 4 points for EDL :

PIP Claims Guides.

How The PIP Points Scoring System Works.

PIP Self Test

PIP MR/Appeals

Good luck on whatever you decide.

bro58
Last edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by bro58.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #186543 by David
Replied by David on topic PIP Award
Hi Matt
My wife also received 8 points for care, 12 for mobility
At MR there was no change. Took it to tribunal, paper based hearing, with GP's letter and tribunal upheld appeal for enhanced both. So it can happen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.