× Members

Waiting times

More
6 years 11 months ago #189070 by ratty1960
Waiting times was created by ratty1960
I sent my es50 form back on the 28th March ,2 days before the cut off point .I have been in the support group for three years ,with the current award ending in June but at what date I have no idea.I am in dread of the envelope arriving every day and it's been seven weeks and I have not heard anything. I was expecting a letter with a date for a face to face assessment, although last time I was placed in the support group without a f2f assessment. I am worried that the current award will run out before they have organised everything, can you tell me is it normal to wait so long for a appointment letter.I begin to hope I might avoid a f2f but you said it's most unlikely to have a reassment without af2f.I know if I think I won't have one I will be sealing my fate.The stress is making my anxiety and depression worse so I just wondered if you could shed some light on whether this 7 week period ,hearing nothing is normal Thank you so much

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #189103 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Waiting times
Gary

There are still considerable delays in the ESA assessment process so it could be some time before anybody looks at your file to decide whether an assessment is require or not.

ESA is an indefinite award with regular reassessment so your current award will remain in payment until a new Decision is made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ratty1960

More
6 years 11 months ago #189201 by ratty1960
Replied by ratty1960 on topic Waiting times
I don't know what I would do without your help,I did not know esa continued at the present level after the date they told me ,until a decision is made,obviously I still live in hope of a f2f not being carried out a most unpleasant experience I have been through as they don't seem to write what you are telling them.Is there a legal way to record a f2f so if you go to tribunal like I have and it's your word against there's at least you can prove if they have recorded your answers properly and truthfully thanks ,Gary

More
6 years 11 months ago #189228 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Waiting times

GARY wrote: Is there a legal way to record a f2f so if you go to tribunal like I have and it's your word against there's at least you can prove if they have recorded your answers properly and truthfully thanks ,Gary

You can either request Maximus records your assessment or you can do it yourself, in both cases you will need to notify Maximus for permission. There's a template letter you can adapt as necessary in the ESA section.

If you decide to do it your self then you will need to make to simultaneous recordings direct to tape tor CD. You cannot make a digital recording.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ratty1960

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.