× Members

Tribunal appeal upheld, advice on payments please.

More
6 years 11 months ago #189890 by Jay
Hi, I recently attended my ESA tribunal hearing mid April and was successful, I was awarded 27 points after initially being awarded 12 by the DWP back in August 2016 after my medical assessment.

My question is that while I was awaiting my appeal hearing I was paid the assessment rate of ESA of around £72 per week will this now return to my original rate of payment which was around £102. Also will I be paid back payments for the £30 a week difference for the period of time I was paid at a reduced rate, effectively from August last year ? I was receiving income based ESA if that is relevant.

The reason I'm asking is it's around 4 weeks since my hearing and I've heard nothing from the DWP and when mentioning this to a family member they said I might be entitled to back payments from August until now when I do hear something.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you, Jay.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #189927 by Gordon
Jay

It normally takes the DWP 5-8 weeks to process a Tribunal result.

Have you contacted them to confirm that they have received the Decision Notice from the TS? If not then you should do so.

You will receive back payment of any monies that you should have received following the new Decision minus any benefits that you actually received.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.