× Members

PIP face to face tomorrow for 16 year old son

More
6 years 11 months ago #190302 by vickiyates
Hi. My 16 year old son has his assessment for PIP with Capita in the morning. Understandably he is very anxious about the meeting and worried about what they will ask him.
I've given ihim all the information I put in the form about his condition to read through but do you have any hints and tips about what to say & what not to say. I really want to prepare him as best I can as I've read some horror stories about these assessments. He's a lovely, quiet lad and I think he's going to really struggle :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #190325 by Gordon
Vicki

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Have a look at our PIP Claim guide, there is a section at the back that covers the assessment and the questions that are likely to be asked.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 10 months ago #190395 by vickiyates
Replied by vickiyates on topic PIP face to face tomorrow for 16 year old son
Well what a farce, me and my son were both up early & ready for the appointment at 9.15 but at 9.25 we get a phone call to say it was cancelled as the HP had not turned up for work this morning !!!
I explained how unhappy i was as I had taken a day off work and asked if they could send someone else but no joy. She offered another appointment on the 28th June but I said I was unable to confirm that until I went into work on Monday and checked if I could have time off that day. The woman then gave me a phone number to ring them next week and arrange a suitable day.
Reading on the forum I gather the cancelling at the last minute is quite common but not the ringing them back bit. Has anyone else come across this ??
Sorry about the rant. Seriously peed off as my son is now really stressed out and I'd rearranged everything today around their appointment !!!

More
6 years 10 months ago #190414 by Gordon
Vicki

They are giving you an opportunity to arrange a mutually acceptable date for a new assessment, their normal procedures is to issue a date that fits with their diaries only.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.