× Members

After Esa Assessment?

More
6 years 10 months ago #190619 by Cazziej007
After Esa Assessment? was created by Cazziej007
I just wondered how this ESA works -I've had grief reaction/depression since my darling son was killed in Afghanistan and after a back operation for a prolapse disc L5/S1 which has left me in constant pain from damaged nerves - bad sciatica all the time. It seems that they split you into two groups, a working group and another. My job is still open until beginning of September which will be a year I've been off. Can they say that I HAVE to go back - I just couldn't at the moment I'm awaiting a caudal block and epidural injection which I'm pinning my hopes on. After the Assessment if I'm put in the 'working' one, how does that work? I've never been in this position before so I'm ignorant, sorry.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #190642 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic After Esa Assessment?
Cazzie

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

It is perfectly possible to be awarded ESA and still be employed, if an award is made then they will not say to you that you have to go back to work.

If you are placed in the Work Related Activity Group, then you can be asked to attend Work Focussed Interviews and to participate in Work Related Activity, the WRA will be dependant on your conditions and your circumstances

Where are you in the process? Have you received an ESA50 yet?

ESA has very specific criteria that you need to meet so I would have a look at our ESA Claim guides.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

If you have further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.