× Members

Carers Allowance credits don't count for ESA?

More
6 years 10 months ago #191348 by Kittyjay
Hi Everyone,
Sorry if this has been answered before, I tried to find a topic but failed.

Am I right in thinking that even though my NI record shows "Full", since they are from Carers Allowance credits, they won't count for claiming Contribution Based ESA?
I just want confirmation from people I trust.. :-)
Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #191355 by Gordon
Violinbunny

I believe that CA pays NI Credits, however, there is a clause in the ESA Regulations that takes CA into account for ESA(CB)

Relaxation of the first contribution condition
8.—(1) A claimant who satisfies any of the conditions in paragraph (2) is to be taken to satisfy the first contribution condition if—
(2) The conditions referred to in paragraph (1) are that the claimant—
(a) was entitled to a carer’s allowance in the last complete tax year immediately preceding the relevant benefit year

www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2008/794/regulation/8/made

I believe that you must have received NI Contributions at some time in the past as well, but as long as you have worked at some time in the past then this should be the case.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kittyjay

More
6 years 10 months ago #191358 by Kittyjay
Replied by Kittyjay on topic Carers Allowance credits don't count for ESA?
Wow! You are amazing!

I think you just made my day Gordon! Thanks so much! :-)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.