× Members

Mobility cancelled after assessment for PIP

More
6 years 10 months ago #191408 by Sairs
Hi, I'm new to this forum and have recently had an assessment for PIP from DLA and it's been awful. After 7 years of higher rate mobility they've now said I'm not entitled because they saw me walk 10 metres to the assessment room and while it was slower than normal it did not show that I cannot walk more than 20 metres and the fact that I attend a slimming club on a Wednesday evening means I'm not entitled to a car.
I've now got to go for a manual reconsideration. I sent 25 pieces of evidence in detailing every part of my illnesses with more than enough evidence. The assessor asked me what kind of day I was having and I said it was an ok day but she struggled to type and wasn't detailing everything I wrote.
I need to go through my evidence as I can challenge everything I have written and true excuse not to give me any points but in between that I'm going to have to stay at home and use PTS to get to my appointments because my family work shifts and my mum who has finished work to care for me does not have access to a car full time. I've read lots and lots of appeal letters that have been sent in and am willing to fight this all the way but should I be taking this personally or are they trying it on with all applicants and can anyone offer any reassurance please.
Thank you
Sarah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #191450 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mobility cancelled after assessment for PIP
Sairs

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

It's not personal but I can understand why it might seem that way.

PIP, unlike DLA has very specific criteria that need to be met, this is particularly the case for the Moving Around activity where an award is based on the distance that your can reliably walk on the majority of days.

Have a look at out PIP Claim guide for a better understanding of the criteria that you are being asked to meet. The PIP area also has documents that will help you with your MR and if necessary an appeal.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

If you have any specific questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.