× Members

Carers Credit

More
6 years 10 months ago #191795 by black2cat
Carers Credit was created by black2cat
I am a full time carer for my partner. He gets PIP - both at the high rate, and ESA in the support group.

I think that I qualify because of the benefits that he gets and that I look after him for more than 20 hours a week.

I would like to apply for carers credit as I don’t work and I would like a credit towards my pension. As we cannot claim carers allowance as he gets CB ESA.

But I am wondering if the DWP will then put us through the recent nightmare again of being reassessed. As my partner got PIP he was then reassessed for ESA again due to a change in circumstance of getting PIP.

From previous experience any slight change or new benefit or even a change of address can trigger both benefits to be looked at again.

Does anybody have any recent experience of this.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #191816 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Carers Credit
black2cat

Based on your post I can't see why you cannot claim Carers Allowance?

The claim would be in your name and is not affected by your husband receiving ESA(CB) , although this would not actually be a problem anyway.

Again, as this would be your claim there is no reason to assume it will have any impact on his.

I would recommend that you that you check which benefits you are eligible for on the brief information you have provided your husband would be eligible for at least one of the ESA Premiums if you are eligible for ESA(IR) as well as his existing ESA(CB).

Try one of the online benefit calculators.

www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.