× Members

DLA to PIP Sucess, now awaiting ESA

More
6 years 10 months ago #192072 by lollo1
DLA to PIP Sucess, now awaiting ESA was created by lollo1
I am delighted to say that my son has gone from Higher rate care and lower rate Mobility DLA lifetime award to Higher rate care and enhanced Mobility for PIP without a F2F. He has been awarded it for ongoing and will not be reviewed till May 2027. The relief is great but we had to go for a F2F today for ESA. The Health Advisor was lovely and she said she didn't know why he had to come as there was more than enough evidence to put him in support group. She said she would not need to do a full medical but asked a few questions said he would hear in a few weeks. I asked by not doing the full assessment would it have a negative impact on the outcome and she said not. I am not convinced but she seemed to have read his file by the conversation whilst she was typing. So we shall wait and see but thanks again for the information on here enabling us to get the best result for our son with his PIP award.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #192082 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP Sucess, now awaiting ESA
Loll

Congratulations on the PIP award, well done.

Sometimes, an assessor will curtail the assessment if they believe the claimant meets the requirements for the SG.

I'm afraid the DWP don't usually release the ESA report until after the Decision is made, but that doesn't stop you asking.

ESA Decision are taking 2-4 weeks at the moment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.