× Members

DLA TO PIP

More
6 years 9 months ago #192278 by Gill Lloyd
DLA TO PIP was created by Gill Lloyd
I had been receiving lower rate DLA and also high rate mobility since having breast cancer in 2006 and being left with some quite considerable health issues. My date of birth is 03/06/49 and had to apply for PIP. MY doctor was approached and she send reams of information through to
Capita detailing all my medical information including the fact that I had been suffering breathing difficulties and had been just diagnosed with COPD. Due to anxiety problems I had an assessment at home which I struggled to breath throughout. Everything I told the assessor was contradicted from breathing problems to how far I could walk. I had worked up until age 66 due to having my mobility car (which has now been taken off me) as I had a sitting down job. I never
even stayed off work whilst receiving chemotherapy and radiotherapy at the same time. My employer allowed me to work the hours that suited me so I am no sciver. However I was turned down last August for everything but didn't get a letter so didn't know until September. I was devastated and my doctor horrified and since then all this time have been undergoing tests having found another tumour on my breast luckily benign and having two bone scans because a hot spot had been discovered and they wanted another in six months. The reason these were done was because I have awful chest pain all the time and have now been given morphine pain patches. The diagnosis is severe damage caused by radiotherapy to my chest, diaphragm and lungs. My GP really feels I should apply again but I was 68 at the beginning of June and my query is can I reapply or should I. I should be very grateful for your help. Obviously the diagnosis has left me quite depressed as there is no cure. The reason I didn't push things at the time was that my fatherinlaw was dying. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards Gill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #192294 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA TO PIP
G

We did answer this question for you some months ago. See

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=topic&catid=10&id=115005

To summarise.

You cannot now make a claim for PIP

You can claim Attendance Allowance but this has no mobility component.

You can make a late MR and if needed, appeal against the Decision not to award you PIP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.