× Members

Asking for medical report after pip assessment

More
6 years 9 months ago #192281 by leo
Hi
I see lots of questions regarding demanding the medical report immediately after a PIP assessment.
Is it so significant to get this report days after an assessment? Obviously you have to telephone for this and speak to dwp. Isn't it better to allow the assessment to run its course?
Leo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #192295 by Gordon

leo wrote: Hi
I see lots of questions regarding demanding the medical report immediately after a PIP assessment.
Is it so significant to get this report days after an assessment? Obviously you have to telephone for this and speak to dwp. Isn't it better to allow the assessment to run its course?
Leo

Some people want to know as soon as possible the likely outcome, doing so has the downside that you may have to wait a couple more weeks for the actual Decision Letter.

Others would rather wait for the Decision, even if means they have to wait longer to have some idea.

It's really up to you which you would prefer.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #192307 by leo
I'm a little wary of rocking the boat on this one. Presumably the decision maker hasn't made tbe decision days after the assessment. So is it psychological way of trying to sway the thought process of the decision makers?
It's all a game with dwp. And I don't know how to play!

More
6 years 9 months ago #192331 by Gordon
Leo

I think you are over thinking this one, I would be very surprised if the DM was even aware that a copy of the report had been sent to the claimant, but even if they were I very much doubt they would be bothered by that.

This is all about whether the claimant wants to know now or later and nothing else.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.