× Members

ESA cancelled awaiting M.R. can't clain JSA

More
6 years 9 months ago #192283 by Charliezxr
So what can I do? Stuck in the middle and I can't even find where to apply for hardship payments, every number I try doesn't apply. The situation is making me ill and have already been in hospital due to stress

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #192297 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA cancelled awaiting M.R. can't clain JSA

Charliezxr wrote: So what can I do? Stuck in the middle and I can't even find where to apply for hardship payments, every number I try doesn't apply. The situation is making me ill and have already been in hospital due to stress

I'm afraid hardship payments are only available if you are in receipt of a qualifying benefit such as JSA or ESA.

Is it your health that is preventing you claiming JSA?

I recommend that you visit your local CAB, they are used to dealing with people in your situation and can provide the most relevant advice at the moment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #192308 by Charliezxr
Replied by Charliezxr on topic ESA cancelled awaiting M.R. can't clain JSA
Thanks Gordon but can't get through to CAB and yes I have chronic illness and invisible disabilities.
I'm not able to travel via public transport and don't have a working vehicle so I can't get any where, I'm in a village with no post office also not even able to get to the food bank.

More
6 years 9 months ago #192333 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA cancelled awaiting M.R. can't clain JSA
Charlie

The CAB can do home visits, so I would still ring them.

Most councils still run a Welfare Rights department, do an internet search for "welfare rights" with your postcode, town or county.

Contact you MP.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.