× Members

How long did you wait for the decision?

More
6 years 9 months ago #192323 by Ema
Hi Everybody!
Could you pls share with me how long did you wait for the decision of PIP. I send my documents on 27/4/17 get their text 3/5/17 but since then nothing. I know ''no news is good news' but im very anxious about the outcome and scared to call them. Pls share your experience. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #192352 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic How long did you wait for the decision?
Ema

I think it likely that you are waiting on an appointment for a face to face assessment.

We have seen a significant increase in the assessment part of the process over the last few months with wait times going from 2-3 weeks to 8-10 weeks at least and some members are reporting even longer times.

Once you have had an assessment then it is taking a further 2-4 weeks for a Decision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ema

More
6 years 9 months ago #192419 by Ema
Replied by Ema on topic How long did you wait for the decision?
Thank you Gordon for the quick respond. Im worried because my existing DWP expires on 24/7/17 and the blue badge scheme asks to renew it. Is it possibly to avoid the assessment as i sent a huge bundle of doctors letters and diagnosis, occupational therapists assessments two reports and care service dairy? The bundle was 1,200kg. Do you think that they will still ask me for assessment?

More
6 years 9 months ago #192430 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic How long did you wait for the decision?

Ema wrote: Thank you Gordon for the quick respond. Im worried because my existing DWP expires on 24/7/17 and the blue badge scheme asks to renew it. Is it possibly to avoid the assessment as i sent a huge bundle of doctors letters and diagnosis, occupational therapists assessments two reports and care service dairy? The bundle was 1,200kg. Do you think that they will still ask me for assessment?

The PIP Transitional regulations require your DLA to remain in payment until four weeks after a Decision is made on your PIP claim, so the DWP will extend your DLA if necessary to allow this.

However, this will not help with your Blue Badge, you will either have to wait for the PIP Decision or make a direct claim to your Local Authority.

I hope you didn't send over a tonne of evidence for your claim, they will simply ship it back to you!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ema

More
6 years 9 months ago #192482 by Ema
Replied by Ema on topic How long did you wait for the decision?
Thanks Gordon! They sent me nothing so far ( 8 weeks) . Still hope 'no news is a good news'.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.