× Members

Pip

More
6 years 9 months ago #192417 by gavinkus
Pip was created by gavinkus
Hi I am due a ftf today I am on DLA high mobility and low rate care all the answers I have read say that you do not get mobility if you are over sixty five I am sixty six my question is . if pip is awarded is my age a handicap .I have followed b and w guidelines implicitly and have been a member for years. Thanking you.
Gavinkus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #192427 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip

gavinkus wrote: Hi I am due a ftf today I am on DLA high mobility and low rate care all the answers I have read say that you do not get mobility if you are over sixty five I am sixty six my question is . if pip is awarded is my age a handicap .I have followed b and w guidelines implicitly and have been a member for years. Thanking you.
Gavinkus

As you have been invited to claim PIP as a replacement for your DLA, the rule which normally prevents a claimant from receiving the Mobility component if they are 65 or over is suspended.

Be aware that the award you receive for Mobility will set what you can receive in future assessment, for example if you only receive a Standard award then you will not be able to receive an Enhanced award on reassessment, even if you meet the criteria for one.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: gavinkus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.