× Members

I need a home visit.

More
6 years 9 months ago #192455 by Vicki
I need a home visit. was created by Vicki
Hi,
I'm currently on high rate on both DLA, I received my PIP form in April 2017 and my renal social worker filled it out for me very thoroughly and included a letter explaining my circumstances along with a GP letter.
It was received on 22nd May and I got an assessment appointment for 10th July 17.
I rang the number to request a home visit as I rely on my 70yr old parents to come and care for me, my dad pushes me in wheelchair but unfortunately my mum is poorly with Crohn's disease at the moment and my sister is on dialysis so I have no way of getting there but I've received another letter today to say I've still got to go to an assessment centre for an assessment, I really can not get there so I don't know what to do.
My health issues are..
I had kidney disease and was on dialysis for a long time, I had a transplant in 2014 but the dialysis has had a massive on my health causing renal bone disease and significant memory issues.
I have rheumatoid arthritis in all joints.
Fibromyalgia.
Osteogenesis imperfecta which is a genetic brittle bone disease.
Complex regional pain syndrome.
I had a fall off a low step in May 2016 and broke both legs, the left one very complex with extensive internal fixation so I can't walk on that leg.
I'm on sleeping tablets, anti depressants and constant pain relief.

Is there anything that I could do to get a home visit otherwise I won't be able to turn up and I'll lose my payments.,
Any help appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #192467 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic I need a home visit.
Vicki

You need your GP to write to the Assessment Provider explaining why you cannot attend at their offices.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vicki

More
6 years 9 months ago #192493 by diehard3
Replied by diehard3 on topic I need a home visit.
Dear Vicky

I had to swap to PIP and got a home visit.
I am badly effected by Rheumatoid Arthritis and live with my elderly parents my Father
has renal failure so how you are coping at all I really do not know and my heart goes out to you.

One bit of info I learnt off here make sure you list all aids because otherwise Atos will say you can perform the task if one was provided. It is important you explain why you are not able to use the aid. I know it seems bonkers but if the HCP see them they will think you use them and don't be brave and hold it in if you are sad or low in spirits or faint let them see that too.
Make sure they know you cannot self propell, I cannot either.

I really hope it goes well and your kidney stays healthy my thoughts are with all your family.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.