× Members

Help! Have no idea what to do!

More
6 years 9 months ago #192502 by Diddles
Help! Have no idea what to do! was created by Diddles
Hi,
I'm really confused about what to do. I'm married, was on income related ESA support group but changed to contribution ESA when I got married. I'm on that now, in the support group but am being reassessed right now. I get enhanced pip (both components).
My husband is on contributory ESA, assessment phase and has just been awarded standard rate daily living for PIP.
I spoke to someone at carers allowance unit who said we might be better of claiming IS and carers allowance.
My husband cares for me physically and I provide care for his mental disabilities.
My local CAB aren't available today. I know the deadline for Universal Credit is imminent (tomorrow??) , So I want to sort this.
Do I claim IS and CA? Income related ESA? Universal credit?
I'm sorry this is long, I'm so confused.
Thanks for any help in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #192543 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Help! Have no idea what to do!
Diddles

This isn't something to be rushed into.

Get face to face advice before taking any decisions, especially in regard to Universal Credit. Do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town or county.

You can also put your information into one of the online benefit calculators.

www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators

Based on your post I would expect you to again be entitled to ESA(IR) with 2 x Severe Disability Premium and 1 x Enhanced Disability Premium.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #192605 by Diddles
Replied by Diddles on topic Help! Have no idea what to do!

Gordon wrote: Diddles

This isn't something to be rushed into.

Get face to face advice before taking any decisions, especially in regard to Universal Credit. Do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town or county.

You can also put your information into one of the online benefit calculators.

www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators

Based on your post I would expect you to again be entitled to ESA(IR) with 2 x Severe Disability Premium and 1 x Enhanced Disability Premium.

Gordon

Gordon, thank you so much for your help. I really do appreciate that, thank you.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.