× Members

DLA TO PIP

More
6 years 9 months ago #192503 by moonshakra
DLA TO PIP was created by moonshakra
Hi, I have written b4 but I'm new to the site and don't know how to check to read answers!

I had received an INDEFINITE high rate Care and Mobility DLA since 2001 as have RR MS.

My recent change to PIP has left me lower rate care, higher rate mobility. I submitted my mandatory appeal but it came back no change in decision. I think I was one or two points off my the care decision being the lower score.

Since a bad relapse 4 years ago, I have not been able to return to any sort of work mainly due to my legs and my memory. I have just finished a memory clinic establishing the extent.

My next step would have been appealing to court to my PIP decision but felt I was not strong enough to go through this. My depression and anxiety is at its worst and I don't like leaving the house.

I would love some advice on this as to what I could or should do, I feel I'm being bullied in accepting their offerings!

Thank you - LJH

"I hope I can find this answer that may follow"!!! Help!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #192544 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA TO PIP
Lisa

I replied to your previous post. See

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...=10&id=116881#191626

You can always find your previous posts by clicking on your name as it appears in the forum.

In addition to the information I have previously posted, one of your options for appeal is to opt for what is called a Paper hearing that you do not have to attend, statistically this has a lower success rate than for an Oral hearing that you attend, but these statistics rarely apply to an individual claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.