× Members

ESA Work Programme Exit Report

More
6 years 9 months ago #192596 by triggerfish
ESA Work Programme Exit Report was created by triggerfish
I have recently completed 2 years on the ESA Work Programme with a company called Standguide.

My advisor for most of that time was very understanding of my mental health problems and did not put me under any pressure to make much progress. Unfortunately he moved to another office some 3 months before my placement ended and the new advisor was far less helpful.

Initially she seemed to not understand why I had achieved so little but after consulting with the original advisor she decided we should concentrate on my Exit Report. I was in broad agreement with what she proposed, particularly as a new assessment had been scheduled.

NOTE: Despite my condition worsening I was awarded 0 points and following a failed Mandatory Reconsideration I am now readying myself to lodge an appeal.

I have been trying to get a copy of the Exit Report. Initially the advisor told me it was done but I would have to get it from Jobcentre Plus.They were very unhelpful so I contacted my advisor again.Now she is saying that in actual fact no report was ever done because DWP didn't request one.

Previously I had been led to believe that a report is done for everyone leaving the Work Programme but she claims this is not the case.

I strongly feel that an accurate Exit Report would have helped and that it would still be a very useful piece of evidence at the appeal but given that Standguide may now feel antagonised how can I go about securing what should have been a good insight written by someone who had really got to know me over 2 years.

Would it be worth asking the tribunal to request a report?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #192622 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Work Programme Exit Report
Chaz

What were you hoping that this report would say?

I would be very surprised if it addressed any of the criteria for ESA!

I'm afraid as the report appears never to have been produced there is nothing you can do.

Remember, an award for ESA can only be made by your showing that you meet the criteria for one, so you must focus on showing this for your appeal.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #192628 by triggerfish
Replied by triggerfish on topic ESA Work Programme Exit Report
Thank you Gordon

From the discussions with my advisor it had more or less been agreed that they would be suggesting that I could not cope with a work environment or the travelling to and fro for that matter.

I realise that DWP may not have paid any attention to it but I do retain the belief that the tribunal would consider it useful.

Had a letter this morning from Standguide apologising for the 'confusion' so maybe I will see if they could put something in writing for my use.

More
6 years 9 months ago #192646 by Gordon
Chaz

ESA has very specific criteria that you need to meet, your having problems with a work environment and travelling to and from work are not considered unless you can show that there would be a substantial risk of harm to you or another person if required to do so,

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #192653 by triggerfish
Replied by triggerfish on topic ESA Work Programme Exit Report
Thank you again Gordon

Actually that is precisely one of the topics that my appeal will be based on as in the past I have put myself in a very substantial risk of harm to myself, not just in the workplace.

Maybe there is little to be gained from even a supportive exit report but given your answer to my query regarding time limits I suppose it can't hurt to ask and then decide if it is worth including in my papers.

Unless anyone has specific input into a useful exit report I think the topic can be closed for now. I will post again as the tribunal date gets closer.

More
6 years 9 months ago #192658 by Gordon
Chaz

The ESA Claim guides have a section that deals with the issues of Substantial Risk.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.