× Members

PIP enhanced rate awarded!

More
6 years 9 months ago #192766 by Redwood
PIP enhanced rate awarded! was created by Redwood
This is a message I never ever expected to write. It's a victory for me and I hope a step forward for others like me. I have just been awarded enhanced rate on both daily living and mobility for disabilities that ALL stem from mental health conditions. Namely, PTSD, Depression & Agoraphobia. I've been awarded them for 2 years.

I prepared very thoroughly and it took me weeks and weeks to fill in the PIP2 both with help and hindrances by the CAB and I had to ask for extension after extension. I think the secret to this success was the volume and style of my written evidence that I submitted to support my claim. But I wrote it following the guidelines supplied to me by this website which were invaluable. It's still the hardest submission of anything in writing I've ever achieved. It caused panic attacks, and days and days of illness and a sense of hopelessness I hope never to experience again.

I would be happy to give thorough feedback to anyone at B&W that wishes to contact me in the hope that it will help others. I want to say to anyone reading this that's going through it. DON'T. GIVE. UP.

I've got an illness that you can't see. They want to dismiss mental health altogether but I made them listen. I described in such detail what happens when I try to go out, or when I try to interact socially. I wrote it like a script, making the words so descriptive that any human being couldn't fail but see in their minds what I go through. They couldn't dispute my symptoms when they manifested at the face to face interview. It was humiliating and terrible. But I now have £141 per week to care for myself and carry on with the treatment that works for me.

My sincerest thanks to everyone who contributes to this site. Particularly Gordon & Mrs Hurtyback.

I'm still angry. But the clouds have parted and I can breathe. I'm wishing you all courage and fortitude in your process and hope this awfulness will be abolished very soon.

Redwood
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marinamal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #192777 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP enhanced rate awarded!
Redwood

A big congratulations on the award, well done.

Gordon

tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Redwood

More
6 years 9 months ago #192792 by Redwood
Replied by Redwood on topic PIP enhanced rate awarded!
Congratulations to you too. And to all at B&W. For your selfless dedication to helping. For your immense humanity in acting to bring change. I'm truly truly grateful.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, slugsta

More
6 years 9 months ago #192934 by Kimbychick
Replied by Kimbychick on topic PIP enhanced rate awarded!
Congratulations. Can you please tell me what descriptor you were awarded for mobility to get 12 points?

I have similar to illnesses and was only awarded 4 points and have been led to believe that you can only get standard mobilty due to mental health.

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marinamal

More
6 years 7 months ago #197240 by Redwood
Replied by Redwood on topic PIP enhanced rate awarded!
Kim,

So sorry for long delay in replying. Don't bet you can't get it for mental health. But you need to really provide good supporting evidence that describes what happens to hinder your ability to go out or move around. I got 10 points for Planning and following a journey and 8 points for moving around.

I proved that it was impossible for me to plan journeys and the report says:

'You can't undertake any journey because it would cause you significant mental distress'.

If I can help you more in any way don't hesitate to ask.

More
6 years 7 months ago #197270 by Alikris
Replied by Alikris on topic PIP enhanced rate awarded!
I have to say Redwood that you being awarded the mobility component does give us suffering from mental health issues some hope. If you don't mind me asking, do you actually go out of your home, even though it does cause you significant mental distress?

Sadly, I've only seen your post now, I sent back my PIP 2 form yesterday. I tried my best to describe my issues in regard to the mobility components, but I'm not very hopeful. I'm guessing they regarded (or you successfully argued) that your PTSD is a physical condition rather than psychological one because, as I'm sure you know, the 10 points for planning and following a journey specifically excludes psychological distress.

Anyway, congratulations! :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.