× Members

PIP Face to face at Eccleston House

More
6 years 9 months ago #192988 by Tweedledum
PIP Face to face at Eccleston House was created by Tweedledum
Hello everyone, I have just been invited to a face to face for PIP at Eccleston House, Prescot.
Can anyone tell me how the access ect is please and give me any tips?

Many thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193031 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Face to face at Eccleston House
A

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Have a look at the following

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/personal-indep...p-assessment-centres

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tweedledum

More
6 years 9 months ago #193041 by Tweedledum
Replied by Tweedledum on topic PIP Face to face at Eccleston House
Gordon,

There is no information available about this centre and I thought I would check to see if anyone had any experience of this centre. Also tips on what could be expected.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193051 by Tweedledum
Replied by Tweedledum on topic PIP Face to face at Eccleston House
Gordon nice to speak with you.

Thanks for the tip, I have changed my name appearance to Tweedledum.

I don’t know if it helps for future enquires but I had a quick look at the street layout and external area for Eccleston House, Aspinal Street, Prescot. You can be dropped off just outside and it looks like it is about 10 metres to a double door entrance. Everything appears to be on one level and there is a ramp up to the entrance. There is a free car park across the road but you would have to go through the carpark and follow the exit signs which leads you down a ramp to a lower road and an area of the carpark that is just opposite the assessment centre. I don’t know anything about the inside of the building. Aspinal Street itself is on a quite steep hill so this should be considered if you have mobility issues.

This centre is within 25 minutes’ drive from me but there are closer centres to my location and I found this quite strange that I was asked to go here and would have thought that they would have chosen one in Liverpool.

I just need some general advice really on what to expect at the face to face and the likes.

Regards,

Tony.

:)

More
6 years 9 months ago #193055 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Face to face at Eccleston House
Tweedledum

There's a section in the PIP Claim guide that covers the assessment and the questions you are likely to be asked.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #193060 by Lynda
Replied by Lynda on topic PIP Face to face at Eccleston House
If at all possible, I would get someone to take you to the assessment centre and drop you off outside the entrance, otherwise you could find all the closest parking spaces taken and have quite a walk to the entrance. If you're able to get from the car park to the entrance and into the building, it's likely you could automatically rule your self out from qualifying for the mobility component. I know that at some centres CCTV is in place and claimants are viewed from long before they get into the assessment.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.