× Members

PIP Tribunal - late submissiion due to advisor

More
6 years 9 months ago #193245 by holesinmyjumper
PIP Tribunal - late submissiion due to advisor was created by holesinmyjumper
Hi again,

my Tribunal date has been set for the end of the month but my advisor - who wanted to wait for the date before getting together to write my submission - can't see me until a week before the actual tribunal. By the time he gets the submission written up and posted second class it will arrive only a couple of days before the tribunal.

Is this OK? The tribunal letter setting the date says that any evidence should be received a week beforehand to give them time to review it. I'm concerned that my advisor seems to be working around his own timetable rather than that of the tribunal - he also put in my actual appeal form late which turned out to be OK but I was not impressed!

I could do the submission myself - I think my understanding of the case is better than my advisors anyway - I don't know.

thanks

holes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193255 by Gordon
holesinmyjumper

The TS are pretty strict about the seven days, if it is only a couple of pages you may get away with it, but much more and you are looking at an adjournment or the evidence being excluded, they will take the view that you have had weeks, even months to prepare and send this so there are really no excuses.

The fact that it is your Representatives fault may actually count against you, as they know the rules.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #193256 by holesinmyjumper
Replied by holesinmyjumper on topic PIP Tribunal - late submissiion due to advisor
OK thanks it's good to have it spelled out clearly.

What about the submission itself - independent of any evidence, is there a 7 day deadline on that or is my Representative right in saying that it doesn't matter?

More
6 years 9 months ago #193257 by Gordon
holesinmyjumper

All of your papers, evidence and submission need to be with the TS no later than seven days before the hearing.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: holesinmyjumper

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.