× Members

very quick esa assesment

More
6 years 9 months ago #193262 by corrinecatlady
very quick esa assesment was created by corrinecatlady
hi
i have just had my esa assesment but it only lasted 20 mins if that. the person interveiwing me seemed to understand and was sympathitic, she took photocopies of my recent papperwork. i have mainly mental health issues but she questioned me mainly on how my pysical health is affected.
she said she has enogh info and for me not to worry about the outcome. i was shocked it was so quick and she said there is no need to keep me any longer than necessary. i already get pip and gave her the evidence which she photocopied.
has anyone else had this experience, is this a good or bad sign generaly.
thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193274 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic very quick esa assesment
corrinecatlady

To be honest it could be either, if the assessor is satisfied that you meet one or more the Support Group Descriptors then they can curtail the assessment, on the other hand, which doesn't seem to apply from your post, a poor assessor might only do a short assessment.

Unfortunately, the DWP normally don't release the ESA assessment report until after the Decision has been made so you will need to wait until then, Decisions are taking 2-4 weeks at the moment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #193276 by corrinecatlady
Replied by corrinecatlady on topic very quick esa assesment
ok thanks for your reply, hopefully it will be fine, she was typing away so looks positive.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193293 by chumsmum
Replied by chumsmum on topic very quick esa assesment
Corrinecatlady - I had exactly the same today on my esa assessment mine was longer though but as I suffer with MH and physical he focused on physical only and said he had enough info - I'm in support group currently - I've also asked the same question tonight - look on the topics for ESA assessment post from me (peanut) - yours sounds similar to mine

More
6 years 9 months ago #193458 by corrinecatlady
Replied by corrinecatlady on topic very quick esa assesment
thanks peanut i will have a look. worrying isnt it, hopefully wont be too long untill we know.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.