× Members

Disc

More
6 years 9 months ago #193270 by Jane52
Disc was created by Jane52
Hello, Had a seizure recently walking home alone, in which I collapsed; came round to two ladies beside me talking to me and to 111 on the phone. I have acquired disc and listened to it. Lady describes me as lying on the ground as if I am asleep; 111 person is asking about regularity of my breathing. Lady is stating I am not twitching so it is not a seizure. 111 person goes onto to talk about it as a faint. Lady asks me questions which I cannot answer as still in confusional stage, and I meet her with silences or I don't know, which gives a good example of the confusional stage to my seizures. Later as I come more out of seizure I am able to talk to 111 lady and answer questions. 111 lady goes and talks to paramedic and a decision is made to send an ambulance to me, but there will be a wait. As I felt quite vulnerable waiting alone I took up offer of lift from lady to drive me home. Once home I took medication and cancel ambulance This is on recording I have too. Question is would this be helpful to my pip or unhelpful? Many thanks Jane

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193290 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Disc
Jane

Have you spoken to your GP about this incident, this is obviously not normal and they should be looking at the cause.

It's impossible to say whether this is helpful to your appeal or not, if it is a new symptom for an existing condition then it may be possible for the panel to consider it, but if this is the first occurrence or it is the result of a new problem then they cannot as they can only look at your conditions as they were when the Decision you are appealing was made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jane52

More
6 years 9 months ago #193306 by Jane52
Replied by Jane52 on topic Disc
Hello Gordan
Yes, been following up the medical side recently including getting up to date blood tests re my medication. Booking g.p. today. It is not a new symptom as this sort of thing has happened walking home before on a number of occasions over time both during the day and at night.
Thank you for response
Jane

More
6 years 9 months ago #193318 by Gordon
Jane

It is something to mention as part of your appeal but you need to make it very clear that this is something you were suffering from when the Decision being appealed was made, especially if it was not mentioned on your PIP2.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #193417 by Jane52
Replied by Jane52 on topic Disc
Hello
A follow on re whether to use disc as evidence. If tribunal hear word "faint", which is mentioned a lot on disc, does this get considered as seriously as seizures
Many thanks
Jane

More
6 years 9 months ago #193434 by Gordon

Jane52 wrote: Hello
A follow on re whether to use disc as evidence. If tribunal hear word "faint", which is mentioned a lot on disc, does this get considered as seriously as seizures
Many thanks
Jane

I'm not sure what you mean by a disc, did you record the assessment?

Faint may well be treated as being less severe than a seizure, but both carry risk to the individual from falling. Fainting perhaps suggests a more rapid return to consciousness and also that there are ways to bring someone out of a faint where this could not be done with a seizure.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.