× Members

Pip fibromyalgia

More
6 years 9 months ago #193337 by Pebbles
Pip fibromyalgia was created by Pebbles
Is anyone on here who gets pip for fibromalgia?
I was turned down last year ,but going to reapply,as I now have to walk with a stick and have had aids around the house given me.
How likely it is that I will be awarded pip?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193340 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip fibromyalgia
Pebbles

Yes, lot's of our members have been awarded PIP for Fibromyalgia.

Walking with an aid (stick) is unlikely to score you extra points for PIP Mobility, it is very much about the distance you can walk.

Have a look at our PIP Claim guide for more information.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

If you have more questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #193345 by Lynda
Replied by Lynda on topic Pip fibromyalgia
Hi Pebbles. I have Fibromyalgia and vertigo and I was recently awarded the standard rate PIP after transferring from DLA. It's so hard to fill in the questionnaire though, isn't it. You need to describe how you feel on your worst days but those are the days when you're least able to complete the form. Good luck.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193377 by Pebbles
Replied by Pebbles on topic Pip fibromyalgia
Thanks for the reply.Been sitting with the pip forms in front of me for 2 hours and my head is just blank.I know what I want to write but Can't get the words together in my head.lol.Maybe have a go at filling them in tomorrow sometime.Being dyslexic don't help

More
6 years 9 months ago #193388 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip fibromyalgia

Pebbles wrote: Thanks for the reply.Been sitting with the pip forms in front of me for 2 hours and my head is just blank.I know what I want to write but Can't get the words together in my head.lol.Maybe have a go at filling them in tomorrow sometime.Being dyslexic don't help

Try and break the task down into more manageable bits and put the form to one side and either use your computer or plain paper. Make a list of all the problems you have with each activity, start with a sentence for each activity about your problems, then try and turn this into a paragraph, if you need to, continue to expand the text.

Remember you need to talk about the aids you use or you cannot use and why and about any prompting, assistance or supervision that you need from someone else.

You need to be able to complete the PIP activities "reliably" and on the "majority of days".

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr Roy

More
6 years 9 months ago #193406 by Pebbles
Replied by Pebbles on topic Pip fibromyalgia
Thank you Gordon for reply.Iv now gone and brought a note pad so going to break it down like you said.
X

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.