× Members

Point of interest

More
6 years 9 months ago #193375 by Callisto
Point of interest was created by Callisto
Its been many years since I have posted.
I had been an Incap/esa claimant and although was approved for esa to run for 2 years, about
7 months after transission, I sent in a letter explaining I was feeling some improvement and wished to end my esa claim. I had about 5 months of esa to remain in payment as I was in wrag but could have claimed credits for a further year. It felt good to jump rather than be pushed.
I have retained some paperwork and today I was going through it and reminded myself of the cheek displayed by the DWP, and to this end is my reason for posting.
Bearing in mind it was me who signed myself off and I had not undergone any medical or paper assessment, the closing letter rec from them stated something along the lines of " following a recent assessment you are no longer eligable to receive esa" or words to that effect. I often wondered why considering it was me who actually instigated shutting down the claim, why they should take any credit for it? Not thankyou for your info re change of circumstances, we therefore will cease payment etc. Bearing in mind my wca had been a year earlier and I passed for 2 years as stated, I am presuming that they could "add" a false stat to their "failed" wca for the official figures.
Wondering if you are able to confirm this with any other anecdotal experience? Annoyed both me and my husband at the time.......
Just to further add B and W provided invaluable support to me for a period of 5 years or so and I remain grateful. I will always have issues with my health but am now self employed as of start of last year and just hoping I can keep going.

Callisto

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #193386 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Point of interest
Callisto

Sorry, no idea!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.