× Members

Assessor and

More
6 years 9 months ago #193708 by vicki
Assessor and was created by vicki
I recently requested a review of my PIP (Feb 17) and ultimately had my assessment at the end of April (not withstanding that this was weeks after the guidelines indicated). I requested and received a copy of the assessors report and the number of LIES she had made was unbelievable

I use a mobility scooter at all times except in my bungalow which is arranged so I have furniture to support me between rooms and appropriate furnishings such as perching stools etc. My assessor saw me drive down the long passage to the interview room and then take my husbands arm to shuffle from the scooter to the chair, a matter of 3 feet. This action turned into " she moved 3 meters to the chair with a slow but normal gait". My arguement here is that Where do you find interview rooms much over 4m x 3m where you could possibly walk normally when getting out of a scooter and moving to a chair?
Later on after discussing how far i have to go to get in and out of my car, I told her that I reverse my car right up to my front door so my drivers door is on the same side as the front door and I only have to move the length of my car to the door. This was subsequently reported that I said "she can walk from her back door around her bungalow without stopping using her crutches"
This is such a blatant lie, I am gobsmacked.
Needless to say that my award was not increased for mobility, and needless to say I have asked for a mandatory reconsideration although do not expect that to alter and I shall need to go to .appeal. It only needs a visit to see that I cannot even get from my backdoor to the front of the bungalow because of the rough terrain and narrow pathway.
I would love to hear back from others whose assessors were liars - a harsh word but true. Many thanks
Vix

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.