× Members

DLA to PIPs

More
6 years 9 months ago #193710 by Iago2017
DLA to PIPs was created by Iago2017
Hi all,
Please can you help.
From a very early age I have had mobility which was granted for life. This year I was sent to York to have a medical for for the new "PIPS " and the outcome of this medical Is that my mobility has been taken off me . I have appealed the decision which was upheld. I am appealing against the decision again but I am losing hope , I am so frightened I won't get it back. I am totally dependant on the mobility side just for getting out and about. I don't know how to fight more than I have done. Any help would be welcome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193742 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIPs
Lago

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

The success rate at appeal is significantly higher than that at MR so there is every reason to be hopeful of receiving an award, although you will have to put some work into making it successful.

I would start by having a read of our PI Claim guide that explains the criteria against which you are being assessed, please be aware that the test is a lot stricter than the one used for DLA. See

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

This link also includes our PIP Appeal guide and other documents that you may find useful.

If you have any specific questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.