× Members

ESA wrong amount

More
6 years 9 months ago #193768 by dvdgremlin
ESA wrong amount was created by dvdgremlin
I have been looking at my benefits and think my ESA payment is incorrect. I get PIP at the higher rate for both categories. My ESA is £125.65 a week which is the basic plus the Enhanced Disability Premium.

However, I don't have a carer and carers allowance is not being claimed.so I think I should be getting Severe Disability Premium which would make my ESA £188.00. I have checked this on the entitledto website and I seem to be correct.

I have tried phoning ESA and just get a queue that never gets thru. Where do I write to get this corrected ? My ESA was calculated by the DWP after my PIP was awarded at court. It seems to be an error on their part.

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193792 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA wrong amount
dvdgremlin

There is a third requirement that you are living alone or considered to be living alone, is this the case?

If it is then you should contact the DWP office dealing with your ESA claim and ask for an IS10 form or to complete one while you are on the phone, it's a simple form that ask about your PIP award, about anybody that lives with you and what benefits they receive if any.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: dvdgremlin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.