× Members

Coming up to 65

More
6 years 9 months ago #193780 by jeanstearn
Coming up to 65 was created by jeanstearn
Can anyone help me please in January I will be 65.Will I still be entitled to pip or will it stop?
The problem I have is reduced mobility which means that the blue badge is a lifeline for me.
I would be extremely glad if anyone can help me with this.
Many thanks Jean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193800 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Coming up to 65
Jean

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

If you are currently receiving DLA then you will still be invited to claim PIP even if you are over the age of 65 when it happens.

If you currently have a PIP award then you can continue to receive it after the age of 65 as long as you continue to meet the criteria, the exception to this is for Mobility where you cannot receive an increased award after the age of 65.

If you are not claiming PIP at the moment then you cannot make a new claim once you are 65, you would have to claim Attendance Allowance.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.