× Members

PIP result of sorts

More
6 years 8 months ago #194298 by Lynda
PIP result of sorts was created by Lynda
I was awarded the standard rate PIP for both daily living and mobility a few weeks ago, having previously been on DLA. I asked for a reconsideration and have had the decision today. The awards stay the same BUT the period of the awards are now for an ongoing period, rather than until 2020. According to the person I spoke to at DWP this means 10 years (unless they decide to review it sooner) Not the result I had hoped for but better than a kick in the teeth :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #194319 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP result of sorts
Hi Lynda,

Are you going to accept this decision or go to appeal? You have a month in which to get an appeal submitted, so you don't have to decide straight away.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 8 months ago #194328 by David
Replied by David on topic PIP result of sorts
Hi Lynda
Excuse me for being rude but I believe you are over retirement age. If this is the case you will not be able to improve your mobility award in the future even if your condition deteriorates if you accept the standard rate now

More
6 years 8 months ago #194334 by Lynda
Replied by Lynda on topic PIP result of sorts
Mrs Hurtyback, I don't think I'm going to appeal the decision. Like so many others, I find the whole process very stressful and don't think I can cope with dealing with an appeal.

David, yes I'm over retirement age and knew I wouldn't be able to increase my award in the future, which is why I asked for a reconsideration. I own my car so I've not lost anything other than the change to the car tax, which is only £30 a year.

More
6 years 8 months ago #194344 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP result of sorts
Lynda

You can appeal within one month of the date of the MR letter or you can make a Late appeal up to 13 months after the date of the Decision providing you provide and it is accepted, Good Cause for the delay, so if you want to revisit your decision to appeal you still have options.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 8 months ago #194379 by Lynda
Replied by Lynda on topic PIP result of sorts
Thank you, Gordon. Is it possible to appeal against just the mobility award or is it a case of all or nothing?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.