× Members

Help understanding ESA letter?

More
6 years 8 months ago #194459 by ConfusedPerson87
Help understanding ESA letter? was created by ConfusedPerson87
Hello all, I'm struggling to understand my ESA decision and was hoping someone could dumb it down for me in plain English (something these forms fail to do)

i am currently receiving ESA my letter states as follows:

Your living expenses: £73:10
Limited capability to work addition
Extra Money because you are in the Support group: £36.55
Which gives a total Income-related amount: 109.65

Income and Benefits

No income will be taken off your Employment and Support AllowanceYour income related amount is £109.65 less £0.00 so you would have been entitled to
How ever because you are entitled to contribution based employment and support allowance we will pay you: £109.65.

Now this is where I'm completely lost..if i am in the support group and contribution based ESA why am i receiving an income related amount? also will this affect me as my partner works more than 30 hours a week, or am i confusing myself? any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #194498 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Help understanding ESA letter?
CP

DWP letters, especially for ESA, are not know for their clarity.

The letter is saying that you are receiving a total of £109.65 of Contribution Based ESA.

You are not entitled to any Income Related ESA as your partner works more than 24 hours a week.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.