× Members

PIP

More
6 years 7 months ago #196252 by blueman40
PIP was created by blueman40
I'm writing on behalf of my friend who's got to go for a face to face assessment he has multiple conditions autism, and server anxiety and bi polar i wrote on the form he wants a paper assessment because he would not cope with a fcae to face assessment and now they are sending him for one it will be so traumatic for him, i wrote on the form all of this and obviously they have ignored and requested him for a face 2 face assessment, is there anything i can do?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #196276 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP
Hi blueman,

The assessor will only make a recommendation to DWP without seeing the claimant if they believe they have all the information they need to do so. The claim cannot progress until this recommendation is made, so a face2face might be the only way for this to happen.

However, you* can certainly contact the assessment provider (ATOS or Capita, depending on your friend's postcode - the name and contact details should be on the appointment letter) and ask what further information is needed for them to make a recommendation without seeing the claimant. Members who have tried this have had limited success, but you have nothing to lose.

* The claimant will need to be on hand to answer security questions and give you authority to speak on their behalf.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

More
6 years 7 months ago #196344 by blueman40
Replied by blueman40 on topic PIP
hi, but we wrote on the paper that we spastically requested a paper assessment as he would have a complete meltdown and wouldn't cope with it, don't these people whom assess understand autism and other multiple conditions he has, he wont cope with the situation at all wouldn't be able to answer most of the questions they put in front of him!

More
6 years 7 months ago #196357 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP

blueman40 wrote: hi, but we wrote on the paper that we spastically requested a paper assessment as he would have a complete meltdown and wouldn't cope with it, don't these people whom assess understand autism and other multiple conditions he has, he wont cope with the situation at all wouldn't be able to answer most of the questions they put in front of him!

I'm afraid it is insufficient for the claimant or those completing the form on their behalf to write that a Paper Based Review is required, it needs to be supported by a letter from the claimants GP or others supporting them that a PBR is required and why.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 7 months ago #196563 by blueman40
Replied by blueman40 on topic PIP
He's been too the doctors today and they said they will wrote a letter saying he can't attend because of his health and his anxiety the doctor said he can't write a letter saying we request a paper based assessment but the doctor said he will wrote a letter saying how the assessment will affect. Him
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.