× Members

ESA support group...holiday entitlement

More
6 years 7 months ago #196458 by nixart
can you kindly tell me, if i exceed the four weeks? im allowed abroad, will DWP definately stop my ESA or is it discrecinary
Also will my housing benefit be deducted

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #196469 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA support group...holiday entitlement

nixart wrote: can you kindly tell me, if i exceed the four weeks? im allowed abroad, will DWP definately stop my ESA or is it discrecinary
Also will my housing benefit be deducted

It depends whether you are receiving ESA(IR) or ESA(CB), see the following

www.gov.uk/claim-benefits-abroad/illness-injury-benefits

Your HB will also be affected

england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/ho...while_away_from_home

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 7 months ago #196497 by nixart
Replied by nixart on topic ESA support group...holiday entitlement
Thanks Gordon. The first link doesnt tell me what happens after 4wks on holiday. Nor does it help me find out what type of esa Iam on. You rightly asked.

More
6 years 7 months ago #196498 by nixart
Replied by nixart on topic ESA support group...holiday entitlement
Hi again. The housing benefit link you gave is a bit unclear iam affraid. It says you can go on holiday for 13wks...then it says new rules from july 2016 say you can only go abroad for 4wks. seems like its 4wks then?....is that what you thought Gordon ?..thats shocking

More
6 years 7 months ago #196511 by Gordon

nixart wrote: Thanks Gordon. The first link doesnt tell me what happens after 4wks on holiday. Nor does it help me find out what type of esa Iam on. You rightly asked.

So if you are on ESA(IR) then it is four weeks and if longer then your ESA will be stopped although you may be able to do a rapid reclaim on your return.

If it ESA(CB) then you should be able to be away for longer but you need to contact the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: nixart

More
6 years 7 months ago #196512 by Gordon

nixart wrote: Hi again. The housing benefit link you gave is a bit unclear iam affraid. It says you can go on holiday for 13wks...then it says new rules from july 2016 say you can only go abroad for 4wks. seems like its 4wks then?....is that what you thought Gordon ?..thats shocking

That's what it says!

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.