× Members

Query re: ESA re-claim

More
6 years 7 months ago #196496 by Robinson_jon
Query re: ESA re-claim was created by Robinson_jon
Hi

In October 2016, I was re-assessed for ESA. I was placed again in the support group. I have always been on Contribution-based ESA since my first claim in 2012.

In May 2017, I started full-time employment, however it was too much for me and I left 5 weeks later.

When I reapplied for ESA, the call handler put me on Income-based ESA as we both thought I had not made enough contributions during my 5 week employment. They sent me out the forms to sign and requested that I send in a fit note. However, a few days later, I received a call from the benefit delivery centre, who informed me that because I was previously on CB ESA in the Support Group, and because I had re-claimed within 12 weeks of 'signing off', that I would automatically be entitled to CB ESA at the same rates as before. My last few payments have all been at the previous rate of £109.65.

My reason for writing is that this all seems too good to be true! Is it, or is this a DWP policy?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #196510 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Query re: ESA re-claim
Jonny

It's not DWP policy it's the law. so yes it is correct.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.