× Members

ESA and PIP Medical Assessments

More
6 years 7 months ago #196517 by IreneA
ESA and PIP Medical Assessments was created by IreneA
Hi I have just been placed in the ESA support group in July this year in which my assessor gave a thorough report and also very pleasant and understanding. I have also been on the Enhanced PIP which was awarded for 2 years and now expires September this year 2017. I was told I had to apply again as if it was a new application and not for renewal. I filled in the form and they received it 1 month ago. So today I rang the DWP to ask them how they were getting on with the process and I was told that I had to go for yet another Medical for PIP. I had spoken to the DWP before and was told that if you have had a recent medical within the 3 months of applying again then I probably would not need to go through for another assessment. So now I have all the worry and stress yet again in such a short time. Is this the normal procedure. Any advice would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #196525 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA and PIP Medical Assessments
Irene

If you are referring to ESA assessment then I am afraid that this cannot substitute for a PIP face to face, the criteria for the two benefits are too different to allow this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 7 months ago #196535 by IreneA
Replied by IreneA on topic ESA and PIP Medical Assessments
Hi Gordon many thanks for your reply I think it was the conversation from the DWP when I rang them and was told that probably not if I had a medical within the 3 months. At least I have the corrrect info now. Thank you

More
6 years 7 months ago #196536 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA and PIP Medical Assessments
I'm afraid the DWP call centre staff are often poorly trained and give out incorrect information :(

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: IreneA

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.