× Members

DLA Appeal

More
6 years 7 months ago #196528 by theophilus9
DLA Appeal was created by theophilus9
Hi Gordon
Just got back from going to Appeal court, my appointment was for 11.30 however I got a phone call to go at 12.15. When I eventually went into the room there was a Judge, Doctor, and a lady from Disability place. They were all really nice, but the Judge explained that all my sons papers were late getting to them, she had only just got them, she said it was very unusual and there were so many pages they couldn't give him a fair trial because lack of time to go through everything. The Judge gave me a date and time to go back in November there and then, then asked me a few questions about his health and said he has been in receipt of DLA since 2013 and if anything had changed I said no everything was the same. He was originally on High care low mobility now he is only on Middle care She Asked if I feel he should be still getting the original award I said yes. She made some notes of what I said and apologized again and that was it . My question is if they had received my appeal papers before might they have been able to decide with out me attending. Or could she still make a decision soon as she asked me some questions and made notes or is this normal. I just thought that they had all the papers from weeks ago because I sent in the appeal from March

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #196529 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA Appeal
Buster

The panel only receive the papers a day or two before the hearing, I'm guessing somee has mucked it up and they only received them today.

It is still possible that they make a Decision without you attending, It will either be today, if they had space in their calendar to look at the papers after you left, or on the day of the new hearing.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

More
6 years 7 months ago #196532 by theophilus9
Replied by theophilus9 on topic DLA Appeal
Thank you for answering so quickly, will just have to wait and see

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.