× Members

ESA Renewal Form (ESA50 04/17)

More
6 years 7 months ago #196641 by Jasmine3234
ESA Renewal Form (ESA50 04/17) was created by Jasmine3234
Hi I have just received the above ESA form. I am currently in the Support Group and my last award was in 2013, so there has been a delay in asking me to renew. I also had to apply for PIP from DLA in December 2016 . I was awarded enhanced care and mobility after a medical at home.
I have downloaded your excellent guides, but I am feeling a bit overwhelmed and wondered if there is anything in particular that has changed since my last ESA renewal that I should look out for? Also, how many points are needed to remain in the Support Group.
Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #196657 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Renewal Form (ESA50 04/17)
Jasmine

There were changes to the ESA Descriptors in early 2013 so it depends on when your last ESA50 was issued as to whether you were assessed using these or not, there have also been a number of updates to the DWP guidance.

The Support Group is not points based you need to meet specific Descriptors to remain in the group, see the ESA Claim guides for more details.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 7 months ago #196659 by Jasmine3234
Replied by Jasmine3234 on topic ESA Renewal Form (ESA50 04/17)
Thanks Gordon, I have just checked and my last ESA50 form has the date 01/13 on it. I applied in June 2013 and had my award granted on 1 July 2013.

So, would this make a lot of difference to the new form I have.

Thanks

More
6 years 7 months ago #196666 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Renewal Form (ESA50 04/17)
[quote="Jasmine3234
" post=196659]Thanks Gordon, I have just checked and my last ESA50 form has the date 01/13 on it. I applied in June 2013 and had my award granted on 1 July 2013.

So, would this make a lot of difference to the new form I have.

Thanks[/quote]

It is likely that the form will be the same - but guidance could still have changed, so you should read the guide carefully.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 7 months ago #196680 by Jasmine3234
Replied by Jasmine3234 on topic ESA Renewal Form (ESA50 04/17)
Thank you Mrs Hurtyback, of course I will read the guide carefully - in fact that is what I have been doing all night, but am going cross eyed :(

I am not being lazy, I just wondered if there was a difference between my last ESA and this one, ie.. support group or not?

Thanks x

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.