× Members

should i inform pip of 2nd heart attack

More
6 years 7 months ago #196764 by Topiawitch
should i inform pip of 2nd heart attack was created by Topiawitch
Hi all , just subscribed today.. can anyone answer a question for me please. My last 'pip' assessment was a few yrs ago 2014 and they know i had a heart attack in July 2012.. I suffered a 2nd heart attack last Oct 2016, the hospital said i don't need to inform 'pip' but a few people i have spoken to say i should. Also the strength of my morphine has been upped a fair bit and the side effects wont go, so I'm often trapped indoors because I'm far to unstable to walk. Thanks for reading and thanks in advance to anyone replying.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #196788 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic should i inform pip of 2nd heart attack
Shelli

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

You only need to contact the DWP if you conditions have changed.

If there has been a sustained improvement then you must contact the DWP.

If there has been a deterioration then you need to consider whether this will actually score you extra points, more importantly can you reasonably score the extra points that you need to receive an increased award?

If you don't think that that you would qualify for a higher award, then you don't need to contact the DWP, they are really not bothered if a claimant does not tell them that their conditions are worse. If you do, then consider it, but be aware that reporting a Change will result in a full reassessment of your claim, new form and almost certainly a face to face assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Topiawitch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.